Season 2017 Results, ongoing predictions

13»

Comments

• HockeyTragic
    HockeyTragic
    Melbourne

This is interesting, I actually thought a green card could come back on - similar to the way they don't stop time for a green card to go off.

But Rule 2.3:

substitution is permitted at any time except within the period from the award of a penalty corner until after it has been completed; during this period substitution is only permitted for injury to or suspension of the defending goalkeeper or defending player with goalkeeping privileges.

If another penalty corner is awarded before completion of the previous penalty corner, substitution other than for an injured or suspended defending goalkeeper or defending player with goalkeeping privileges must not take place until that subsequent penalty corner has been completed.

So is that an incorrect call from the tech bench that has potentially cost Southern the game?

• Jemma
    Jemma

@HockeyTragic said:
    This is interesting, I actually thought a green card could come back on - similar to the way they don't stop time for a green card to go off.

But Rule 2.3:

substitution is permitted at any time except within the period from the award of a penalty corner until after it has been completed; during this period substitution is only permitted for injury to or suspension of the defending goalkeeper or defending player with goalkeeping privileges.

If another penalty corner is awarded before completion of the previous penalty corner, substitution other than for an injured or suspended defending goalkeeper or defending player with goalkeeping privileges must not take place until that subsequent penalty corner has been completed.

So is that an incorrect call from the tech bench that has potentially cost Southern the game?

But it wasn't a substitution was it? A substitution surely it taking one player off and replacing with another, which replacing a goal keeper is.

• Grizzly
    Grizzly

@Jemma said:

@HockeyTragic said:

But Rule 2.3:

But it wasn't a substitution was it? A substitution surely it taking one player off and replacing with another, which replacing a goal keeper is.

This is my reading too.. Not a substitution.

• HockeyTragic
    HockeyTragic
    Melbourne

Good call @Jemma @Grizzly.

I was getting thrown off by the talk of replacing a suspended goalkeeper - but you're right that's for a substition, nothing in the rules that I can find saying a suspended player can't return to the field of play.

• hvmember
    hvmember

Thoughts on Saturday's matches? Camberwell too strong for Powerhouse in the end, and Doncaster too strong for Altona. Will be interesting to watch a 2013 GF repeat next week!

• spectator
    spectator
    Melbourne

Two very good teams facing off on Saturday evening. I see it as a battle of the talented Donny forwards against the equally talented Camberwell backs and midfield. Could be a shoot out like 2013. Is Kleinschmidt playing? He could be the difference. That said the pundits who said no Aaron no Camberwell in 2017 need to eat lashings of humble pie.
    Should be a terrific match.
    And in WPL it looks a pretty clear cut winner but it is a final and anything can happen.

• stevep
    stevep

Camberwell have two comfortable wins over Doncaster this season. In the first game Doncaster threw the kitchen sink at us in the first 20 mins with frenetic attack as they did against Altona but couldn't score and then faded.

They have a couple of great ins since then though so expecting it to be tight. First quarter of the game will be key if they attempt this approach again. I think our defensive pressure will stifle Doncaster's attack more than they can ours and that will be the difference. Here's hoping anyway ;)

• HockeyTragic
    HockeyTragic
    Melbourne

Can't wait to see the game, I'm tipping Camberwell in a tight one.

@spectator said:
    Is Kleinschmidt playing? He could be the difference. That said the pundits who said no Aaron no Camberwell in 2017 need to eat lashings of humble pie.
    Should be a terrific match.

I've heard that Kleinschmidt is out for the final, hoping to be ready in time for AHL. Would have been great to see him play, he already dominates MPL and now with a year of training and playing with Kookaburras under his belt...