Home Ground Advantage

HockeyLad
HockeyLad

Just wondering peoples thoughts on which club has the best home ground advantage.

Taking into account supports, Pitch, Club room location, Banter

I feel like the clubs that have the club rooms on the wing of the field have a big advantage because the supporters spread out to make it feel like a lot of people and obviously some clubs just don't get a lot of support so I've put what I think are the best but id be interested about other peoples thoughts.

Top-
Southern
Doncaster
Footscray
Yarra
Altona
Waverly - Will be put in the bottom section if they continue to play the song after goals
Tem

Middle-
Camberwell
Greensborough
Essendon

Bottom
Hawthorn ( do they have any supporters)
Mentone difficult situation with no clubrooms
MUHC
MCC, no parking
Powerhouse

Comments

• hvmember
    hvmember

The Snakepit has always seemed to give visitors a bit of a hard time, will be interesting to see to what extent that continues this year after they finish resurfacing

• WhoReallyCares
    WhoReallyCares
    SE Suburbs

@hvmember said:
    The Snakepit has always seemed to give visitors a bit of a hard time, will be interesting to see to what extent that continues this year after they finish resurfacing

Think you mean Sandpit - not Snakepit...... new surface might work against them for the first half of the year till they get used to it - other clubs with hybrid might find it more familiar than the Panthers

• Catboy
    Catboy

@WhoReallyCares said:

@hvmember said:

Think you mean Sandpit - not Snakepit...... new surface might work against them for the first half of the year till they get used to it - other clubs with hybrid might find it more familiar than the Panthers

I think you'll find Snakepit was the correct term! Its what the Altona crew call their home field and correct in saying "can give visitors a hard time" Although I'm not too sure about the story behind the name..?

• hvmember
    hvmember

I think you'll find Snakepit was the correct term!

Tbh the sandpit was not an inaccurate name for that field too!

• hUMPtydUMPty
    hUMPtydUMPty
    Melbourne edited April 2017

Snakepit = Altona
    Nothing like the stale smell of urine wafting out of the single toilet stall behind the bbq.

Sandpit = Mentone
    Ironically, they are waiting on more sand before the pitch is ready.

The umpire is always right, even when they're not.

• ArmorKing
    ArmorKing
    edited June 2017
    I'd thought they call it the ****pit cause they're seagulls and they **** everywhere.
  • HockeyTragic
    HockeyTragic
    Melbourne

@hUMPtydUMPty said:
    Snakepit = Altona
    Nothing like the stale smell of urine wafting out of the single toilet stall behind the bbq.

Sandpit = Mentone
    Ironically, they are waiting on more sand before the pitch is ready.

Any reports on the new Sandpit?

...I'm assuming it's an improvement.

• hv_apologist
    hv_apologist

Yeah, anyone know when all the new pitches will be ready to go?